Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fedex

had a run in with a Fedex chick yesterday

Charley and i drove out to maple Ridge yesterday morning to check out the wedding store.
on the way back i thought I would treat her to McDonalds. We never do that so it was special. We were going to hit the drive through, but the computers were down so we had to go in to get out take-out. In no time at all we have her stuff and went back out to the car. We spent a couple seconds looking for napkins just at the door, then realized they were already in the bag. Good.
I walk out the door - "RYDER" -- there was a Ryder van double parked behind my car.
ummmmm - WTF! As i stand there dumbfounded, a guy walking in see's me and comments about how ignorant that is. I am now walking over to see if I am indeed totally blocked. He has gone in and then sticks his head out the door and yells, she's right here. I continue over to my car, yup, totally blocked. Not only am I TOTALLY blocked, but the van is fully blocking the empty handicaped stall right next to me.
I limp back in to the restaurant.
in I go, see a girl in Fedex gear getting signatures.
"is that your van parked outside......?'
"20 seconds. I'm just 20 seconds" she pushes past me. I follow her out.
"but you're not."
"What?"
"your not 20 seconds." She turns very slowly and looks at me. Her mouth falls open. I can see her glare from behind her sunglasses.
"you can't wait 20 seconds?"
" I had time to walk out, all the way out, Stand there, and walk back in again, i could have been gone. That's not 20 seconds."
"Really? REALLY!"
"yah." She stands there, very confrontational. Staring me down. I stand my ground. I can see her working on things to say behind her dark sunglasses. I feel Charlotte next to me. i am not getting in to it with this girl.
if i am able to complain about it, she was there to long. Not only did she block me in - she blocked the handicaped spot. That burns my hide! Why not pull right up next to the building? so what if your vehicle is facing the wrong direction, at least you are not so ignorant to block cutomers vehicles in. Or the person that needs taht handicaped spot. even at taht, you were being an ass anyhow, why not pull into the empty handicaped spot?
Barring all of that - she was so NOT 20 seconds! WE didn't pass her coming in. Me with a limp, able to walk out, all the way out to my car .............. it was a few minutes. and a few minutes is too long
she starts up, clearly mustering all she can, "well how bout' you just have a REALLY NICE DAY .............!' she continues on about what i should do with my day, through gritted teeth. I walk away. Whatever, I won't allow myself to argue with this person. i wont' allow her chip on her shoulder attitude, to bait me. She is ignorant, and I am now feeling bitchy and a little ignorant myself. No use talking to an igonoramous about the logic of how they abandoned their vehicle. I am in my car, with the engine started waiting for her to pull away. She takes her time ..........
I came home and phoned Fedex

No comments: