Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fuck my Sister is Pissing me Off!

why is it that she can't figure out that we are worried and concerned about our guests.
Yes. i realize everyone is an adult. However, i want the options to be there so that people can have a good time. i don't want more than half my guests, feeling that their only option is to drive home! People that live in this town or just over the bridge - I want them to have the option of being able to take a cab home. People from out of town - the option of planning a hotel, inbetween the ceremony and the reception. Not to mention the brits and mntns mama being able to get to the reception from our house. I don't want to worry about their driver. Just get in a cab, give them the address and off they go.
but my sister ............... UGH! when did she become such a saint who's not going to be drinking at my wedding?
Besides the part where we are concerned about the new laws. 1 drink and you are over the *new* legal limit to drive! i am not into someone coming to my wedding, and getting a DUI. not that it won't happen anyway - but at least if the option is available to not drive .......... at least there was an option. And there is always people that drink too much and drive. Always. However, if the option is there ....... maybe they will be tempted more to not do it.
The other thing is, our Best Woman, I don't expect her to not party on our wedding day. Mountain and i will be taking a cab ourselves! not into a 100 dollar cab ride.
maybe we do need to rent a chauffered limo for the night

WHY CAN'T ANYONE GET THAT - WHY CAN'T SHE?

6 comments:

shari said...

I will happily drive for you and your hubby. =) just a thought.

as for everyone else, it is awesome that you are being so considerate as to how far away things are and how people will get there. BUT, beyond that, let everyone else worry about how to get around. you have enough to plan with a wedding, reception and getting the wedding party and out of town guests transported around.

maybe you could put someone else in charge of arranging transportation for the out of towners and such. I am sure there are a few people around who would be happy to provide a right to the Brits, Mountain's Mom, Tea and such.

Kristi said...

i am not really worried about how people get around.
The only ones i am truly concerned about are Lyle's family. however - having the options there so there are less excuses is always on my mind. Becuase if anyone gets into a car accident due to being served liquor at our wedding - will be such a bad omen. Besides the part where we are liable. I would hate to think that one of my friends or family was mamed on our wedding day!
and that concerns me. so at least if we are close to things .......... it will be less of a concern.
Cabs will be more affordable.
I love that you offered to drive me and the man - but you will be sooooo very busy with the other stuff I need help with more. Oh and the other stuff, and the other thing and.......
Besides, i don't want you staying sober jsut so you can be our chaeuffer.
We can take a cab - and now it won't cost us a fortune. All the rides are looked after. Just like that!

steph said...

Where is the hall??? Turned out the one I was looking into for you only holds 80.

Kristi said...

I linked you the hall chick!

we won't be renting a limo - they are 100bux an hour - we'll rent an SUV to get the wedding paryt around in

steph said...

I have an SUV... Why rent? Jon would drive.

Kristi said...

hmmmmm - that is an idea. that would work out nicely! holds 6 i guess 7 with jon, adults?
Although I have soem other idea that might need the use of your SUV - well yours or Mucks van.
Details I'll iron out closer to the day
Thanks Steph!