Monday, August 30, 2010

Practicum Today!

Its the first day of my practicum today! YaY! Hooray!

so last night Charlotte asked if she could have a friend sleepover in the playhouse. Why not I thought. So she did.
I was a mess, I mean absolute snotty disgusitng mess last night and just wanted to be in be at 7PM but had to monitor these girls till at least 9. Damn.
So I walked around with Kleenex shoved in BOTH my nostrils all evening while in the house. This morning I sit with it only up one nostril and polysporin all around. I am hoping the redness will go down and minimal schaffing when i put make-up on for work today. Needless to say, I was not in the good last night. In bed, trying desperately to sleep at 9 O'clock. my head pounding from allergies, coughing and feeling like I have a fever. Great!
but I did it. I fell asleep!
Heard the girls come in a couple times for the bathroom - then I heard a different sound. A different coming in. I got up, it was Charlotte. Her friend had fallen asleep with her leg on Charley. So Charley woke her up so she would move it so that she could go to sleep. The friend then wouldn't stop bugging her, so Charlotte left and decided she was going to sleep in the house. this is 11:30 at night. i tell Charlotte that that is not going to happen. Get back outside and deal with it. you don't leave your friend outside!
Out she reluctantly goes to deal with her friend. I am standing there thinking I need to go out now. Damn it. The phone rings. its the girls mom saying she is no her way down to get her kid.
Oh For Frig's sake! the kid had her moms cell phone and called mom!
So now I am outside getting this girl packed up at midnight, snot dripping out of my nose in my jammies, so that the mom can get her.
I get saving your kid, but ..................... sometimes its kid shit and they need to work it out.
so in Charley comes to sleep in her bed. In I go to lay there and filter thru what just happened. Now trying to think about where Charlotte is going to go for daycare for the next couple days. You see, this was also where Charley was going to be for today and tomorrow while I am at work. Double Frig! now its going to be weird. I can't leave her there. ARG!
WEll now I am up. Its 6AM and I still have snot dripping out of my nose. My nostrils are all red and sore. I didn't sleep the greatest and the meds I took last night to combat the nasty allergy demon still working their way through my body. Its my First day of practicum.
Now that I've gotten that out - what to wear

2 comments:

steph said...

This is why we do not do sleep overs! I hate having other people's kids at my house over night, there is always some sort of drama!

Kristi said...

there is rarely drama here. its waaay easier to have more than 1 kid - they so entertain each other.

however, this isolated incident was a bit weird.
being saved by mommy was not the best thing, the girls needed to work out the sleeping situation themselves