Thursday, September 23, 2010

Honeymoon

My "Daft" FIL has given us the gift of a Honeymoon!!!
he called a couple days ago and let me know he had booked Mountain and I a room in Harrison. From July 30th to August 2nd! After a couple "date' adjustments, we now have a confirmed Honeymonn in Harrison. We'll have dinner and dancing in the Copper room, a view of the lake and the best thing is - the honeymoon we NEVER thought we were going to get!
It's not exactly what we had tossed about when we were talking and realized we weren't going to be able to have one. However, it is time away as a married couple. how wonderful! I have known many, many couples that say they will do it later........it rarely happens, and if it does, it is just NOT the same as doing it right after you become husband and wife.
What a Fabulous, unexpected surprise to get from Mountain's pop.
He says to me ...... i told you i wanted you to be my daughter-in-law, i love the both of you very much and you deserve a good send off into married life.
So thrilled. already looking up boat tours!! A honeymoon! a real honeymoon! Actual time away! Like a few days even - so we don't have to rush through and feel like we missed a day.
I am very nearly speechless. What a simply wonderful thing for him to do

2 comments:

shari said...

There are a couple GREAT restaurants in Harrison besides the Copper Room. There is a really good Japanese Rest. that makes the yummiest sushi, and the big pub does up a good steak too!
Ask Liz ... Cuz I can't remember what any of them are called.

Kristi said...

we are there for 3 dinners

I don't like sushi, so that doens't turn me on at all. Truthfully, i hadn't even thoguht about food! Jsut thin king about the water and the springs and being away with my husband. Eeeep!