Monday, February 20, 2012

New Routine

I've said it before and I will say it again.

This time we are doing it a bit different. I have decided to try something I've never done before, meal replacement. The chicks on all those commercials do it. So I have signed up for the 90 day challenge with Body by Visalus. We'll see how it goes. So far I have learned soemthing I suspected all along, my family makes me fat. Especially the husband part of it. Its how we eat. I cook always healthy foods, but somewhere along the way, I have added a potato, purchased a bigger cut of meat, needed more pasta to complete the casserole - do you follow. Then if, I say IF there are leftovers, for some reason, they must get find their way in to my lunch. Because Of course, I need to eat lunch/dinner at work and NO food should go to waste.

Well now - I am hoping with this new job, that a new healthier routine will be found.
I make a shake in the morning, have it through-out the morning, through first coffee. Currently, my lunch break is at 12:30 - so left overs I can have. Only a little bit though. Just because the thing I take it in is so big does not mean it has to be full. (its a mind thing) and just because I brought it, does not mean i have to finish it. Old school parenting of finishing what you take - eat it or it will go to waste, echos through my head on a constant. Thanks mom and dad. Then second coffee, more shake. Then home to have a 6:30 dinner! it can work right? if I feel the need to snack before my 9:30 bedtime, popcorn or rice cakes are always my go to.
As this routine takes on a life of its own, maybe a quick work out can happen in the AM?
i have a dream of being able to walk to work once the weather gets better and I am not driving Daughter to school. If I could walk 3 days a week - that would be just what I need to get that slowing metabolism up.
So in theory, i can do this - it will be good - it will work and I can find a happiness with my body again. Be comfortable in my skin? what a wonder that would be after so, so long
Onward and Upward!

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

I actually used to do very well with that system. It does work, however you don't learn how to eat is the only drawback. You don't learn to balance proteins and carbs, or read labels, or create balance. But if weight loss is the simple goal then do the shakes. If long term management is your goal consider managing your meals yourself.