Monday, March 12, 2012

Fraud

I have a girlfriend who has lied and made bad decisions her whole life. Over the last few years it has all been catching up to her.
Now her latest web of lie's may land her in jail for tax fraud.
She's been living with her boyfriend for at least 10 years. She's been claiming single the whole time. Someone reported her and she has just lost her monthly disability check. They are investigating her. That is the quick version. I am sick for her when I think about it.
I think about the bill I got a few months ago for Child Tax and GST becaseu now I am married - and that was only a few months. Hers ............ and she was collecting for 3 kids!
The scenario's that are going on in my head from this are making me dizzy.
So ungood
Tax fraud is huge - the government doesn't like that

3 comments:

shari said...

Oh dear. So not good.

holymotherofgod said...

Yno I hate to say it but I dont think the repurcussions are either all that bad or bad enough(?) I think that the possibility of JAILING a disabled mother of three is pretty low. There is a better likelihood that she would face a tax bill of backpmts of xx thousands of dollars, have anything she owns repossessed and or be faced with claiming backruptcy. That's my guess if its really really bad.

Kristi said...

I'm sure the bank will repossess before the tax man can get her house.
She only has 1 kid and a grandchild that are her responsiblity now. The other 2 are - well they are old enough to take care of themselves.
It will be a HUGE tax bill that is fersure - she is just waiting to hear ........