Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What If?

Today I meet with the Dr to find out why my tit was recalled.
Yesterday I  had another squishing at the hospital - another picture just in case the first one was  truly a mistake.  Today I go and the doctor will tell me what they found if anything.
I am sure it was just a blur or a bad picture.  I know I breathed when I wasn't supposed to, that probably screwed it up the last time.  Me not being able to take direction properly - UGH!
So today, in a couple hours, I go brave the insanity that is the hospital parking lot to find out why my left breast had an abnormality in it.  
I am concerned.  I have not allowed myself to get lost in thought of the  "what if's"  So the fear has not grown.  The anxiety is manageable.  I am not allowing myself to be scared.  I will go alone to this appointment.  I thought about asking Mountain to come with me.  I thought about asking The Queen ...... but I decided this is no big deal.  I will go alone.  I can't waste time on being worried.  Even though it seems in the back of my head ....... I am terrified.
What is my Plan B?  I always have a Plan B.  I don't this time. Turns out, in order to have a Plan B you have to allow yourself to go down the path of "what if" in order to build a Plan B.  Since I have not allowed myself to do that......... no Plan B.
As I write this, I am  feeling the anxiety grow.  I am totally unprepared for this appointment.  
A "what if"  just popped in to my head - I will not type it out.  If I put it down in words, it becomes real.  A real "what if".  I hate surprises - I hate not being prepared. I hate not thinking of Every Angle, Every possible way something can play out.  
I have not googled anything to do with breast cancer.  I don't want to know anymore details than I already know from those who have gone down the road ahead of me.
I am a busy woman these days.  Quit my job -  I signed all my paperwork at the new job yesterday.  I start in a week today!  I don't have anymore time than I have spent typing this out dwelling on my left tit.  We are having a few friends over SAturday to celebrate Canada's birthday - i need to get ready for that.   My garden is a mess, the house needs to be tidied.  I have projects that I want to start.   It's The Queen's day off today.  We have mother daughter stuff to do.  Mostly just staring at each other ..... but I look forward to that.  Going to an appointment focused on my left tit is not how I wanted to spend these last days off in June.

The thing is ..... when I found out my uncle had the brain tumour at Christmas, then my dad with his prostate, I said to myself..... 2017 will be the year of Cancer ...... I just never thought it would include me.
Blog On Dude

No comments: