Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Do The Doodlebug!!

I went to see my very dear friend the Doodlebug on Monday.
She was my old partner from many........oh so many years at the restaurant.


i haven't been much of a great friend to her over the last 8 months with all my self-centredness going on.
I often think of the wisdom she would bestow upon me with different comments. I've quoted her here a few times!
but there she is 25 minutes away and we rarely see each other.
Our lives so opposite schedules.
Frig!
Why the heck are things open on Sundays!!!
so many issues would be solved.
but that is a whole other post.
So Doodle is expecting her first born. This is her dream. Wife, Mother, unconditional love.......
i understand this dream very well as it is mine to.
I nearly cried at least 3 times during out visit.
i just wanted to hug her belly.
i'm sure she would have let me. I did after all inspect it and yell at the fetus. Cause....well....thats jsut what I do.
"you don't mind if i just sit here and caress your belly do you?"
I love that wee doodle/hobbit spawn already!

So we chatted and chatted. I lost track of time. I hadn't intended to stay so long. but once I was there in the comfort of my old friend........
it felt really good.
We of course did the baby chat.
women.
we gotta do the baby chat.
i am just so excited for her I can harldy contain myself. Mostly because i know this is her dream and I think its so wonderful that its able to come true for her.
Then we chatted about Kim.
i told her Kim and I haven't spoken.
'well i wouldn't either after what you've said!'
yah okay. point taken. But you would to confront me and tell me to FFF-off!

True.
i only wrote nasty shit AFTER she didn't return my calls or e-mails.
Yah see Doodle, jsut puts it out there and I like that.
We talked about mike.
This is of course is good cause I saw the Bug every morning.
i'm sure she remembers or recalls me getting money and giving me that sideways look like she did that morning when I started to go into it and then back peddled my way out just as fast.
The disapointment on her face and the "he didn't" passed her lips.
The giggle when his christmas gift was a sheepskin mattress cover.
She was real good at not letting me hide.
She was there for all the Mike crap.
Shifty is the word she used.
Ah....yes....'shifty'
you can't quite put your finger on it. But damn it! Its something. And its not in your head either!!!! You just don't quite know what the heck 'IT' is!
She hated or disliked him thru a good part of our relationship.
but as she was the good friend, she also understood why I went back.
Why I let him come back. Why my heart was there and still is.
She stood by me.
Loved him when i did, hated him with me, dispised him in private, and held me accountable for shit when she needed to.

We went up to the baby room. its so pretty.
I should have taken I picture of that too.
Oh well.
i will make a point of seeing her as I made that point of seeing Steph.
These are important women that I love. That love me back and accept me. Even for the Fucked up choices i make. And heck. I accept them!


I have come to conclusion though that the Bug is a slight Bitch.
she has only gained 27lbs in her pregnancy. I might have to dislike her till unless she hits the 35lb mark.
I gained 50 in my pregnancy. Therefore all the rest of you under that are clearly just bitches.
Seriously though. She looks Fantastic!
i could harldy believe it. Just amazing!
She is just baby and she is beautiful.

I can't wait for the little Hobbit Bug to arrive!

10 comments:

steph said...

Lady you look amazing! I am assuming that you are a emperor-blog addict because aren't we all?

Friendships for women are like beer for men...ha ha...a must. We need to analyze every inch of every conversation. The reason? didn't I already mention that? We are women.
The best friends are those that you might not see for years but the friendship is in the exact same place you left it.

Michelle said...

Friendships, friends who accept you as you are, at your very very worst or your best are priceless. Consider yourself blessed to have found some!!

Kristi said...

I do

pkeclub said...

woman and there relationships are so different than mens but you know what...THANK GOD THEY ARE. One of the main reasons (other than the obvious)men love woman is there bonding , nurturing , caring , loving way they interact with each other. Men cant do this with men and our needs are met through the woman we love....

shari said...

I can't get over how great she looks. So happy and healthy!!! WTG Doodlebug!!!!

shari said...

I like the friendship/women to beer/men analogy. =)

Anonymous said...

Okay so I guess I am a bitch..haha.. for only gaining 27 so far, and being big mouthed about my feelings! But with the diabetic diet I am on there really is no chance of me getting too fat. I almost said big...but my belly is big as you can see. I will probably gain more weight once the baby is born and I can have some damn chocolate and ice cream!! Thanks to you kind souls for your nice words...always good to hear that when you feel like a heffer!

And yes Kristi you could have rubbed my belly all you damn well wanted. I'm not particularly shy...and I expected you to anyway :P. I was surprised you didn't attack me! hehe

And friendship...well yeah we all tend to get wrapped up in our own little world, which I know I am guilty of right now. But once you finally sit down and B/S its just like you never had a break. And I am glad that you appreciate that I can't help but be blunt...many other's can't handle it.

XOXO
The Doodle

steph said...

Doodle! I knew it! You are an addict!No worries she has me so hooked I started my own. Feel free to browse in my corner, let me know if you stop by!!

Kristi said...

oh carp Dodle....if its anything....blunt.
years of us saying shit than seething thru a lunch rush only to come to the same conclusion in the end when we finally have another moment to touch base.......
yah.
with you.....
honey i get that.
we worked hard on that!
and yes.
if thats it for wieght gain...yhou are a HUGE bitch!!!

Gary said...

That was a lovely post. Full of wisdom.