Sunday, April 22, 2007

I am holding My Own

I had my first official stint as Miller's Manager this weekend.

how awesome it was to feel Back!!

Friday night we hosted a party for the unveiling of the art for the art-walk. The host merchants were there as well as some counsellors, MLA, and deputy mayor. George couldn't make it as he has hurt his back last weekend. But his wife had been in during the week so that was cool. I got a big Hug from Mrs. Mayor.
So Friday...late afternoon..we closed the restraunt to the public for a couple hours while we did the thing. Mitch put on a fantastic buffet of appetizers.
I changed so I wasn't in uniform and I greeted the guests into my restuarant. It was so cool. Even cooler that Mitch just stood back and let me.
Being in the same place for so long I never really knew how much of my known-ness was from that or just being me. Well from i have learned over the last week......it was from just being me!
John Van Dongen sought me out to say hallo.
so did Ms. Ross as well as Mrs. Caldwell. I chatted and enjoyed. Feeling a little like Sally Field.
"they like me. they really do like me"
Tonight I closed the restaurant on my own for the first time.
Its so awesome that Boss Mitch finally feels comfortable to do that. He and his Lady have really needed the time off. And As long as i have a sitter I am more than wiling to do it!

I was so sexy this morning. All snotty from allergies. Drooling on my pillow cause I couldn't breath thru my nose. And he still sticks around! WAtery eyes and mascara as far as the eye could see. And he still thinks I am beautiful. What The...

Charley had the best time ever at gramma Bertrams. Bunnies and Quads and kids Oh my! I'm sure to pay for her exhuastivness tomorrow.

Well Blog on Dudes!

6 comments:

Family Of Five said...

How wonderful. Everything just seems to be coming together for you. You really deserve it!

Kristi said...

thanks.
but don't say it out loud too much. I'm scared the other shoe will drop.

Winnie said...

Hey let him know you always have the sitter...J and I will promise to come for a date night there if we can have something special prepared by the big guy ..we'll pay of course ...but,we can be menu guinea pigs!!!

Winnie said...

Jewels..If you read this..I've been blocked out!

Anonymous said...

Hey cool. Way to go K-girl! Sounding better and better.

Family Of Five said...

Um..... ya, Jewels I've been blocked out too! :(