Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Missing her Great Gramma

Charley has been having a rough time. More attitude at home. it has leaked into school. She's been acting out.

She misses her Great Gramma

i have been encouraging her to talk about it more here at home. Last night I went in to check on her like I do after she's gone to bed.
There she was, half asleep, with a pic out of her personal photo album.
Great Gramma was on her bedside table. Along side another pic of Great Grandad. she looked up when i came over to her and the tears started. So we cried together.


My poor little munchkin. Death is so hard. I've been trying to help her channel her grief, talk about it and cry when she needs to.


She had a special relationship with her Great Gramma and it was sooo very special! For that I am glad. It hurts for her as it does for me. but this is her first death. I hope i can guide her thru it in a healthy way this first time so she can be okay for the others that are sure to follow. Something i never got or learned till much later in life. Dealing With Loss. Don't Ever just not do Step 1

Blog On!

1 comment:

shari said...

Awwwe C.

She will remember your Great Nana and that is good.

The hard part will pass eventually. (((((((((hugs))))))))))