Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here's a Thought on Gas

Mountian and i had lots of time to talk on the way back From Vanstravaganza. Something that came up that hadn;t crossed my mind was all the people that have bought here in our town.
they Bought here to own and to have a place. Cuz they coudl afford to. yet they kept their jobs in the City (Vancouver District)
With the increasing rise of Gas prices ..... how are they going to be able to do it.
What are they going to give up? House or job?
and if job happens how does that affect us here?
The kids just geting out of high-school with no work ethic.........
There is some serious bad gonna be happening here in the next while
I get sick to my stomach and scared when i think about it

The ripples in the pond ......................

4 comments:

jewels said...

i hear ya - it would be nice if we had an alternative - like public transit! in vancouver - sure - raise the price of gas b/c they have access to all kinds of public transit! but here in the outback of the lower mainland we do not have a sky train or bus to take us to work - especially people who commute from this town to the next. i am all about saving the environment - but at least give us options!!!

Family Of Five said...

Actually, I'm still living within the city..but... for a major tourist city our skytrain system sucks! In most parts of Europe most people don't need a car bacause the transit is all over the place, you can't do that here!

Anonymous said...

Start a horse and buggy biz ... you'll do well.
Oil is over and it is on it's way out. The Human race is just gonna have to deal with it.

Kristi said...

we have transit here, but its tough. They are trying to make it better, but not enough people use it to justify the money. But because its not so hot people don't use it.....
When I lived in the West End and Kits i thought the transit was Awesome! When I commuted from Abby to Kits every day I thought the skytrain/bus deal was fabulous! Made my days super long, but i ws a single chick and young. It didn't matter. I loved sleeping on the bus and then snoozing on the train on my way to work at 5AM.
Now Mountain and I are and have been looking at options to downsizing my car. I like the Mazda 3, used. Unfortunatly lots of money is required for such things. so maybe next year......