Sunday, July 06, 2008

a Mountain Vent

Mountain is such an idiot sometimes.

Berry Fest turned out to be a pretty good deal!

Lady Boss stayed at the store and left me to the floor. That was nice. We had full staff on Friday and that was cool. Accept for the bathroom stuff. But I put my foot down yesterday. ABSOLUTLY NO ACCEPTIONS we do not have a Public Bathroom! WE didn't have Full staff yesterday (missing a dishwasher) so that sucked cause I was in the bar. So I was watching for the bathroom Bust, using my magic card to do the girls cash, hostessing, bussing, Throwing a load of dishes thru here and there, changing garbages, dealing with the wine tasting chick ........ Manager type stuff. It was nice cause I don't often get to wear the hat. Tough cause we really needed someone in the bar full time. WE were steady all day yesterday. It was awesome.

WE had patio tables set-up, but no liqour outside. It worked. Tables were always full till the rain came .........

On Friday, besides the Bathroom Drama, I had a couple visitors.

My Buddy Tom from Portland!!!

it was his July 4th so he road his Motorcicle up to say "hi" I was so over the top excited to see him! Its been 2 years. WE didn't get much of a visit, but thats ok. It was cool anyhow. Than later in the day while I was outside, my Ex-best Friend that I stopped speaking to 8 years ago walked up and said Hello. one day i will tell the story, as i am sure it should be told, but not today. It was Rob Janzen! i was happy to talk to him too! There was a time we did everything together.

Anyhow, I came home and told Mountain.

Turns out he would rather I keep it to myself? he has such a Huge problem with Rob. Now the fact that he hasn't been in my life one Iotta since Charley was a 1 1/2 ......but mine and Rob's 10 year friendship included some sex. So Mountain had a hissy fit when i told him that I talked to him. Last night after we got home from Sister-in-laws surprise party at mom's he brought it up. Rob that is. Calling him my ex-boyfriend, talking about all the sex we had ..... I'm like Woa. Listen up. it wasn't like that. i don't know what you have going on in your head, but it wasn't like that at all. Rob and i were friends. We hung out. After 6 yrs of friendship we hooked up. I don't know what your 'good' friend Robbi has filled your head with .... but she talks out her ass and really needs to stop talking about my life.

Besides the fact that it is the past. Waaaay in the past. Rob is like a brother to me. Thats how I had always thought of him. So he announces he is sick to his stomach and is going home! honestly. Stop being such a woman! what a baby. You brought it up! if you can't handle it don't bring it up! he made the comment that I sounded excited when i said I had talked to Rob. Guess I should have lied and said no, but I didn't cause I shouldn't have to. Well, he was just a mess.

So here I am, my only day off, alone on a Sunday morning.

Did I argue with him when he wanted to leave? No. Go. Just go. What a Friggin Baby.

Yet i have to hear about his ex's all the time. As a matter-of-fact, i get a couple of them thrown in my face and directly into my life! I deal. I don't get all pissy and dramatically announce that i am sick to my stomach and stomp out the door like a child..........

So much for enjoying the lovely power-wash job he did on my patio, stairs, and walkway while I was at work yesterday.......i would like to praise him. I know he worked hard to surprise me.

Mountain...............*sigh*

I better go get my chores done.

Blog On

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. Such a shame that a good day for you goes belly-up because of a male. But that's what usually happens. In their neanderthal heads it's still "one rule for them" and another for the gals.
Stick to your guns.

Chris said...

It is too bad that we do not live in a world where everyone loves everyone else and everyone was confortable with that.

TK said...

its been a few years since I made your blog! Thanks for the mention. It was good to see you! My ride back was uneventful, not like 2 years ago. Your resturant is a big improvment since last time I was there. Next time david Lane (clayburn boss) is there you should tell him to hire me back! I could use the money! TTYL

steph said...

hmmm... Boys....I hate the hissy fits! Let him go sulk!

steph said...

p.s...It's not like he likes those of us you have NOT slept with anymore than the ones you have!

Kristi said...

LoL!!!

he just gets pissy. He's over it now. Just in time for me to kick up a fuss about Kori. NO you don't get to go visit her and her family!