Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I think its his Time

My kitty.

Mr. Ball. Formerly known as 8-Ball. He came to live with me from Bert in 1995. he is 17.
Last night was just awful. He couldn't poo and in sooo much pain. Than after he would 'try' he'd throw up. I've been up most of the night comforting him. he's always had tummy troubles from the time he was a kitten. This morning he is quiet. I wanted to take him in last night and put him out of his pain. But mid-night is no time to think of these things.

I think of him sleeping next to me and the times He decides its time to get up and gently tapping my face till my eyes open. Calling me when its bedtime and letting me know he's tired and therefore I should be too.

i am thinking of his last moments......a Scary car ride, to a strange place, with strange people and then dead. i don't like that. He deserves a better last couple hours.

Do they make house calls??

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh hun, this would be so hard. I know that he's been a part of your family for a long time - during the parts where you felt like there was no one else. 17 years is an amazingly long life, and shows how much he was loved and pampered.

Hugs!

steph said...

Poor kitty! You may find he waits until you guys are out of the house. Some pets try adn spare their owners the pain. If that happens call me and I will deal with it.

Kristi said...

he has been my guy for many years. When i was alone he was always there. Thank-you
I have a place for him already picked out at my parents house. Its just the part of him letting go peacefully with-out pain or suffering that is the problem.
Thanks Steph.

It just make me sob thinking about it......

i hope he just goes in his sleep and does it soon

jewels said...

ohhh - poor mr. ball - he has had such a good life.
yes - vets make house calls - but that costs extra. i hope he just falls asleep, but if he is in pain you may want to end his suffering...

Kristi said...

he is okay now.

but I know i have to do somehting for him. his time is soon.
My dad has dug a hole for him.
I just can't bring myself to take him past the gate, it freaks him out to be out of his yard.
but you say they make house calls?
I will look into that, cuz i gladly would have done it the other night....