Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thoughts

to the lawyers I go tomorrow.
With the same question i asked my adjuster - if i were to settle today waht would I be looking at as far as a settlement goes?
Why do I ask that?
cuz I want to see if its the same answer as the adjuster.
if it is......well I have a lot to consider.....that means i can get the same on my own and not have to share 30% with a lawyer.  Then there is the on going hassle of all of this.  If I hand it over to a lawyer he deals with the hassle.
i know the adjuster is jsut doing her job.  She has superiors she has to answer to.  She gets paid no matter what my outcome is.
If i go through a lawyer I'm easily looking at a couple years before I settle and then possibly court!  YiCK!  I HATE court!
I'm not doing this for money, but, i don't want to get Screwed either.  I'd rather just settle with my adjuster but...............do i trust her and her superiors to do whats right by me.
back injuries have a very high possiblity of being life long  
I don't know if I want to go in and instantly trust a man that I have to tell about what is going on.  Like my sex life is nearly non-exhistant now and i end up hurting when we do.  The part where we've had to put on hold the fertility testing, that my boss threatened my job and made me feel insecure about it.  That I don't know if or when I will ever be able to stand on my feet for 7 hours again.  To be able to lift 50lb boxes of pop and carrying them as I should be able to.  the feeling of utter hopelessness that is creeping up inside me.
i feel so vulnerable. So incapable and so Stupid.
So I want to let one more person in to taht?
Can i trust them?
What if he tells me to stop working?  What do I do to make ends meet then?
What if?
What if?
What if?

1 comment:

steph said...

you need the lawyer. You have no idea what the laws entail and they do. Simple as that. They can fight for you and keep you on the right track. Just go to a lawyer and listen to their advice.