Saturday, January 08, 2011

invitations

So i picked up a very simple, do it yourself kit from Michaels. It came with pre-cut white cardstock and envelopes. 100 of them! So I can experiment and screw up! YaY! only 12.99. Even better.
I can also use the pre-cut white as a template to cut from my fancy brocade or black card stock that I got in the collection 12.99. Wooooo! I just have to go to staples and get the blue cover stock I priced out the other day and i am golden. Now to just adjust the writing, the time, toss a phone number on there and get a New email address to send responses to and I am good to start making!
Should I do response cards too? I was thinking a phone number or email address would be sufficient. I guess while I am at it I should do up some thank you cards to match?!!
As far as my great idea went of who to invite when ..........
I found myself having to convince myself that it would work. Which it would - however, I am not that person. The one that leaves people out like that. I mean one or the other is one thing, but .............?
So the more I researched, the more I asked around, the more I heard myself talking about it .......... I realized .........I was the one having the problem with it. Lots of people and websites said it has been done, could be done and was ok. Lots also said the complete opposite. Peoples opinions varied the same way too. But in the end ........ I'm the one that matters. Mountain is the one that matters.
It is really important to both of us, that EVERYONE see us say our vows. We want the whole world to be there. Its important to me that I show the world the man I have chosen to spend the 'till death do us part' with. It is also important to both of us that we celebrate with them afterwards. If there is a chance that they won't come because we Eff up on the inviting ........... they get hurt because we don't feed them ---- not cool.
We are still having a wishing well - however, I think we might just do a registry too. Totally havne't decided on that one yet. The decided part being where. I know there are some people that insist on bringing a gift and don't like to give money. Which is fine. I understand. I also hope to have a bridal shower, this could be selfish and dreamy of me, so we will need a registry. Can't expect money at a bridal shower. And of course ............... its all word of mouth. So off you go mouths. Let the word spread that We are having a wishing well! We are saving for a few things for the house.
Our dancing lessons have been put on hold now. The lessons I had researched in the old year were running Thursday nights. Which was perfect! however, I mailed them last week to get us registered for January and they have changed it. Friday nights! FRIDAYS! ERG! I can not get friday nights off. Not 11 of them in a row. Not a chance. So I mailed them back my disapointment. Googled and found other ones ...... Friday nights! There is one in Langley, but its Monday nights ERG! I work then too. (Although, monday nights might be easier to get off then Friday). Then the people mailed me back yesterday!! they might just be running the classes Thursday nights again! YaY! told me to stay tuned. Ya I will! We both really want to do this.
We are looking at our wedding dance song and changing it I think. To what I don't know yet, but the one I had chosen is perfect if we din't have lessons. Since we are having lessons ...... something a little more upbeat might just be appropriate.
I am also starting work on my program and speeches ................ once again -- word of mouth ----
if you want to speak or have something you want to share at our wedding, please get in touch with my brother or myself. I will let me brother know. I am aiming towards NOT having an open mic. So .................. if you want to speech or know someone that does ................... let them know, Tom is the one to get ahold of.
Sunday - tomorrow - we go looking at wedding rings! Wooooo. I gotta find shoes still. Gonna decorate those myself as well. Boys O' boys I have bitten a big chunk off haven't i?
Heard from the marriage commissioner. She was confirming our date time and place. So its time for the Man to get it togethr and chooses some vows. Guess I should too! HA!
Blog on

No comments: