Monday, February 14, 2011

Office Girls

Are all offices like this? Petty, girls only out for themselves.
I remember serving them. These girls that seemed bored and created childish rifts between one another. Always having to have one they pick on for their own entertainment. Talk, talk talking, about things they know nothing about, but think they do. Malicious acts to prove ........... what I don't know. Waiting and setting each other up to fail and then laughing about it when the person isn't there .........Yup - I remember serving them and I also remember what I thought of them. Funny thing, now I am Stuck with them and I still think the same thing. This may be a form of Hell for me. Like being back in High-school.
Why is what everyone is eating for lunch the main topic of conversation every day? Why is what I eat for lunch always up for discussion and so ridiculed every day? Its like there is no reality. No real world. No .......... substance. I don't understand this universe I have crossed over into
being in an office that only has 6.5 staff ......... shouldnt it be a well oiled team? I dunno - I'm new to all this and have now learned to just keep to myself, watch my back and trust no one.

4 comments:

steph said...

Yuck! I hate it... I have had similar problems which is why I prefer male dominated fields. I hope you are okay that is a lot to deal with everyday.

Kristi said...

i just don't get it - why is it like that?

'they' even tried to set me up for a bad with ICBC! What the Hell have I done to them? are 'they' seriously THAT bored

shari said...

it's not just women... men in the office environment can be just as petty and childish.

Throw the years, I have worked in several offices, and some have been like THAT, but have hope, because some have not been like that.

sorry, you got stuck in one of those offices.

you could have some fun with it. See how far you can push them with your lunches... you could bring some really far out stuff. haha.

Kristi said...

at first I thought it was becuase there is such a small staff and that's why ....... then I thought about it. The staff i worked with at Miller's wasn't any bigger and we all managed to not only work as a team, but get along without setting each other up for failure. Well all of except bossman's girlfriend - but, she is an office girl - there were just enogh of us 'others' to overshadow her.
I just keep telling myself that I have to make it to the wedding - then I can make whatever changes I need to.
5 and a bit months away!
Woooooo